The P&C at East Victoria Park Primary School will hold its Annual General Meeting on Monday 25 February at 7.00pm in the staffroom. All parents and carers at the school are welcome to come along, vote at the AGM and participate in the life of the P&C. You do need to be a financial member to vote, but it only costs $1 for the year!
At the AGM, all office bearer positions will be vacated and volunteers are needed to fill these roles: president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer and executive committee members. Keep people are also sought for roles on the canteen, uniform shop, kindy/pre-primary and fundraising and events sub-committees.
Why have a P&C?
What does it have to do with me?
Isn't it the school's job?
Parents, carers families play an important role in the education of our children. The P&C provides services to the school community (such as operating the canteen and uniform shop) and is an employer of Canteen staff. It also raises funds for school resources, organizes events which contribute to the feeling of community in our school and provides a forum for parents to become more informed about educational issues.
Like most P&Cs in public schools, our P&C is affiliated with the WA Council of State School Organisations, which supports us by providing training and guidance to assist the P&C perform its role. WACSSO works to influence the direction of public education to benefit students and gives parents a voice.
Getting involved helps you get to know other school families and your kids will love to know you’re supporting their education.
Don’t think the P&C is anything to do with you? Try this quick quiz:
Have you or your child ever:
• bought a uniform from the uniform shop or donated a pre-loved uniform?
• bought lunch, a drink or snack from the canteen?
• helped make and serve lunches in the canteen?
• enjoyed a sausage sizzle at the faction athletics carnival?
• attended a free movie night on the oval?
• bought a raffle ticket hoping to win Easter eggs?
• attended our fair, community day, quiz night or a kids trash ‘n treasure here at school?
• been given a gift your child purchased from the Fathers’ Day Stall?
• bought a cake from a cake stall?
• taken advantage of our school banking program?
See, you’re already supporting the P&C without even knowing it, and we can’t do it without you!
If you’d like to get more involved, there are plenty of opportunities. If you’re interested in an office bearer position, please send us your expressions of interest ASAP.
You may also like to:
• assist in the canteen
• assist in the uniform shop
• suggest ideas for fundraising
• offer to help out at an event (you can just offer for a one-off particular event – you don’t have to do it forever!)
• bring your ideas to a meeting
• represent the views of parents
• pay the voluntary P&C contribution of $15 per year which helps us pay affiliation fees to WACSSO and insurance for our uniform shop stock so we can use our fundraising money on resources for the kids
• help out on a stall or at a sausage sizzle
• join a sub-committee to help run the canteen, raise money for kindy/pre-primary resources, distribute uniform orders, or put up posters for an event.
It’s going to be a great year as the P&C joins with the school to help plan for our school’s centenary celebrations in 2014.
We look forward to seeing you at the AGM on Monday February 25 at 7pm.